Thursday, June 21, 2012

Wake up, little Suzy

Have you ever come across the terms A-people and B-people?


These terms are a way to describe if you´re the kind of person who goes to sleep early in the evening and get up early in the morning (an A-person) - or - the kind of person who goes to sleep late and wake up late in the morning (a B-person)


I always thought I was a B-person and for years I´ve found myself writing or watching TV till the middle of the night, before I went to sleep. And then in the morning it would take me quite some time to really wake up and be the kind of man you would actually want to be with. But lately I´ve found that my family is much better of if I go to bed early in the evening and get out of bed early in the morning.


This gives me the time in the morning I need to really wake up. Get a cup of coffee (very important) and maybe write a few lines.


Recently I´ve started doing just that. I get up at 4 or 5 in the morning, start brewing coffee, go to the bath room and then I go outside to get some fresh air. After that I go back to the kitchen and start up the computer, make lunch for my wife and kids and then I have just a little more than half an hour to write before I have to go to work.


All of this means that this is in the past:




The benefits a clear as crystal:


#1: I get some time to wake up without having wife and kids to chatter and rumble
#2: Because there´s no time for anything else than writing, I don´t get distracted by Facebook, Twitter, Blogs or mails that ticked in during the night
#3: I get to have my coffee for myself and I don´t have to share!


To sum it all up: It´s brilliant! And my mood is much better in the morning when I get up this early and this benefits both myself and my family.


Why haven´t I done this before? Why did I believe for so many years that I was the kind of guy who got to and out off bed late? Frankly, I don´t know... I´m just glad I found out!

No comments:

Post a Comment